AD


@Down2theLow

Since I started blogging almost a year now, I have really got into reading other peoples blogs...I LOVE IT!! One of the blogs I really love reading among the many is http://mydownlowlife.blogspot.com/ you all should definitely check it out, and now I am hooked on her book! Anyway after reading her blog a couple times, I can't remember why at first but I emailed her for something....and we have been emailing about everything and anything ever since! She is a phenomenal and intelligent woman, and she is extremely easy to talk to. She herself did not have the best relationship with her father growing up, she has not told me the full story yet but when she does she has given me premission to share it with all of you!


Well have you all have seen any of my tweets, you probably know my father is not well and it has been like pulling teath to get a hold of him or even find out what was wrong with him through anybody! Anyway when I found out that he was not well, of course I was worried, because no matter what I will always and forever love my father...I just do not appreciate a lot of the things he does! Well I began talking to @down2theLow about my feelings to father in regards to my blog... that if anything ever happened to him in away I would never forgive myself for not telling him about this site and how I really feel! As soon as I found out he was ill I called constantly adn left voicemails and never heard back from him! I finally spoke to him this morning, when he finally answered the phone! Boy, was that conversation awkward! He gave me one word reponses the whole time, and still did not give me much information about him being sick. Then he abruptly hung up, with no real goodbye! I am not going to lie I was a little hurt, but what was I really expecting we are talking about my father!


Throughout it all along with Mike, @down2thelow has been helping me deal with it the last couple days. She is truely awesome and always there with an open heart and mind sharing her guidance and wisdom! I love her!!

3 comments:

  1. You are too sweet for posting this, and it was an honor chatting with you about your Dad. We all need somebody to lean on from time to time, and I'm flattered that you trusted me in your time of need.

    We will continue being there for each other!

    Thank you Stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I know what you're going through, especially as a kid raised by a single mom. Sometimes I too feel like I can't really connect with my father, he can be really hard to talk to at times. And I remmeber when he suffered a stroke three years ago, and I didn't find out until five days later. Thank God he's okay, but still, I wasn't happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. Sorry to hear how your father treated you. I wish my father would open up more too, though he hasn't really done much to meet me halfway. I don't even know many siblings on my dad's side. There are countless cousins, nephews, aunts and uncles I've never met. Nit to say he's abusive. He's far from that, and I'll always love him. Anyways, I hope this blog is theraputic to you as it pertains to overcoming your father's actions

    ReplyDelete